All our safety inspections comply with Australian Standards:
AS4084-1993 / 2012 Steel Storage Racking
AS4084-1993: Covers all static racking with the exception of drive in and drive through racking as well as cantilever and mobile racking.
Section 9.2 Inspections. Inspections shall be carried out on a regular basis, and at least once every 12 months to:
- Ensure that safe working loads are adhered to.
- Ensure that the racking installation has not been altered. A copy of the load application and configuration drawings shall be retained for this purpose.
- Ensure the correct application and use of the equipment.
- Examine connectors for deformation or signs of cracking at the welds.
- Examine for any dislocation and deformation of sections and connections for uprights and beams.
- Examine the extent of damage due to impact in the racking installation.
- Examine the out of plumb of the racking.
These Audits usually comprise of a written report with two sections:
- Rack specifications list for each rack
- Damage and non-compliance list detailing:
a): The exact problem, the location of each problem and the steps required to rectify the problem.
This list is colour coded so that each problem can be categorised into three groups depending on the severity or hazard risk factor of the problem
- Red category – immediate action.
- Yellow category – required repair.
- Green category – to be monitored.
b): Inspection date column for use when problems are being rectified.
2a: If this is the first visit a Rack location (plan view) drawing will also be included. This will also assist our repairers in the rectification process.
BOOK YOUR PALLET RACKING SAFETY INSPECTION OR WAREHOUSE SAFETY INSPECTION TODAY !
Call our friendly service team on 1300 364 994 or book online here.